CALL FOR ENTRIES
Seasons 2018 Annual Members’ Exhibition
3 to 29 July 2018
CLICK HERE TO ENTER NOW Entries close 4pm Friday 29 June 2018
SEASONS is the theme for this year’s Members’ Exhibition. Any kind of season… a season at the theatre, a season of emotions, a season of ‘there’s a time for every purpose’. Get as silly or serious as you want!
We are only accepting either one large or up to two small works so choose your best work that has not yet been shown at GIGS Art Gallery.
NEW CALENDAR OPPORTUNITY
As part of our 10 year anniversary celebrations in 2019 we are producing our first GIGS Art Gallery calendar, giving our members a new opportunity to showcase their artwork in the community.
Calendar images will be of members’ works from our Seasons 2018 Members’ Exhibition, with 13 works being chosen from People’s Choice votes.
The new 2019 calendars will be available for pre-order at the Seasons 2018 exhibition and for sale at the Gallery Shop from November.
NOT A MEMBER?
Exhibition entry is free to all members of GIGS Art Gallery and we always welcome new members. Members must be paid up for the next year to be eligible to enter.
Seasons 2018 Conditions of Entry
- All exhibitors must be current financial members of GIGS Art Gallery. Members must be paid up for the next year to be eligible to enter.
- Entry is free to all members and one entry per artist (one large or up to two small artworks), in any medium, 2D or 3D, and up to a maximum size of 1.2 metres square, combined for two works.
- Artwork must not have been exhibited at GIGS Art Gallery in the past 12 months or exhibited in a previous GIGS annual members’ exhibition.
- Artwork must be accompanied by a completed ENTRY SUBMISSION form and delivered to GIGS Art Gallery on Saturday 30 June (2–4pm) or Sunday 1 July (2–4pm). No artwork will be accepted after 4pm on Sunday 1 July. ENTRY SUBMISSION form can be downloaded after Entering or pick-up a paper copy from the gallery front desk.
- Artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with the artist’s name, title and sale price of the work.
- Artwork entered must be for sale with a 30% gallery commission deducted on sales.
- Artwork must be ready to hang with suitable hanging equipment, e.g. D-ring hangers. (Work will not be hung unless properly prepared for hanging)
- Upon delivery artwork is to be unwrapped and members are asked to retain their wrapping for when they return to collect their artwork.
- All artworks are subject to being photographed for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and exhibiting artists online via social media.
- All submitted artwork exhibited in the Seasons 2018 Members’ Exhibition is eligible for selection, by People’s Choice votes, to be reproduced for use in a 2019 calendar to be produced and made for sale by GIGS Art Gallery.
The Official Opening of Seasons 2018 is Saturday 7 July, 2–4pm.
All exhibiting artists attending are asked to please bring a plate of food and a bottle of wine for the Opening Night. Please indicate on the ENTRY SUBMISSION form what you can bring, e.g. finger food, sandwiches, fruit platter, etc.
COLLECTION OF ARTWORKS
All unsold artworks are to be collected from the gallery on Tuesday 31 July 2018, 10am–4pm.
If you have any enquiries or need more information please contact Gallery Coordinator Erika Grimes