GIGS Art Gallery is now calling for entries to our
2019 Small Works Art Prize & Exhibition
Entry is open to all ages and in any media, 2D and 3D,
up to a maximum size of 35 x 35cm, including framing or base/support.
Each artist can enter up to 4 art works
GIGS MEMBERS: $5 entry fee + $5 per art work
NON-MEMBERS: $10 entry fee + $5 per art work
ENTRIES CLOSE: 12pm Saturday 23 November 2019
Deliver your completed artwork/s to:
GIGS Art Gallery, Gateway Village, Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga
Saturday 23 November, 9am to 3.30pm
You can print the following labels to attach to the back of your artworks:
2D Art Prize: $100 or 1 complimentary Side Gallery exhibition hire
3D Art Prize: $100 or 1 complimentary Side Gallery exhibition hire
People’s Choice Award Prize: $50
Winners will be announced at the Official Exhibition Opening on 29 November 2019.
People’s Choice Award will be announced on 28 January 2020.
Please see below for TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
LITTLE MOMENTS 2019 Exhibition:
26 November 2019 to 26 January 2020
Official Exhibition Opening: Friday, 29 November, 6–8pm
Terms and Conditions of Entry
Entries Close: 12pm Saturday 23 November 2019
Artwork Delivery: Saturday 23 November, 9am–3.30pm
GIGS Art Gallery and Studios is pleased to present the Little Moments 2019 Small Works Art Prize & Exhibition, an open entry art prize and exhibition of small-scale artworks both 2D and 3D. All artists in the Albury-Wodonga region are welcome to enter. All work will be exhibited from 26 November 2019 to 26 January 2020 and will be available for purchase throughout the exhibition.
- Artwork must not exceed 35 x 35cm in size, including framing or base/support
- Artists can enter up to 4 artworks
- Artists at all stages of their career are encouraged to enter, but must live in a regional area
- 2D and 3D artwork will be accepted, in any medium
- The artwork must be available for exhibition from 26 November 2019 to 26 January 2020
- By entering, you are confirming that you are the creator and owner of the entered artwork(s)
- The artwork will be judged by no less than 3 independent judges. The decision of the judges is final
- All artwork will be available for purchase throughout the exhibition and prices must include the 30% commission rate payable to GIGS Art Gallery.
GIGS Art Gallery reserves the right to refuse to display artwork(s) if:
- The artwork is not of sufficient artistic merit, technical and formal resolution, framed/presented appropriately, or is not ready to hang.
- The artwork is not 35 x 35cm, including framing
- The artwork poses a safety risk
- The artwork could be considered to be offensive in terms of pornographic content, character denigration, racial or religious prejudice.
- Entries close 12pm Saturday 23 November.
- Entry can be made online at gigsgallery.com.au (see link above) or with a printed Entry Form available at GIGS Art Gallery
- All artworks must be delivered to GIGS Art Gallery during the prescribed times of 9am–3.30pm on Saturday 23 November 2019 and MUST have an entry label attached to the back of the artwork, or be clearly labelled.
- One entry form may be submitted for all 4 works, but each work MUST have an artwork entry label on the back.
MEMBERS: $5 entry fee + $5 per artwork
NON-MEMBERS: $10 entry fee + $5 per artwork
Payment of entry can be made via the online entry form or in person at GIGS Art Gallery or via Direct Debit:
Hume Bank Account: GIGS Art Gallery
BSB: 640 000 Account No: 111142748
Please use your name as a reference
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
All artworks must be delivered to GIGS Art Gallery during the prescribed times of 9am–3.30pm on Saturday 23 November 2019 and MUST have an entry label on the back of each artwork.
If you require assistance with the drop off or collection of your entry(ies), then please contact GIGS Art Gallery prior to 23 November.
The Little Moments exhibition will be open to the public: 26 November 2019 through 26 January 2020, Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm.
- All artworks entered must be for sale
- The price of the artwork must be set by the artist
- All sales attract a 30% sale commission to GIGS Art Gallery
Upon completion of the exhibition, payments for all sold works will be made to the artist via Direct Debit. All Non-Member artists will be contacted via email to arrange payment.
COLLECTION OF ARTWORK(S)
All unsold artwork MUST be collected on Sunday 26 January 2020, between 1pm and 4 pm.
- Judges will select one 2D work and one 3D work to be awarded a prize of $100 cash or a complimentary 2 week exhibition in the Side Gallery.
- Prizes will be announced at the Opening Night on Friday 29 November 6–8pm
- The People’s Choice Award will be announced 28 January 2020. The winning artist will be informed by email and via an announcement on the GIGS Art Gallery Facebook page.
- At the time of publishing this document, the Little Moments 2019 Judges are to be confirmed.
All artwork will be handled with utmost care by experienced staff. However, GIGS Art Gallery will not be held responsible for any loss or damage caused while work is in transit to and from the gallery.
Entrants agree to allow GIGS Art Gallery to reproduce (photograph) entered artwork in all publicity and promotion of Little Moments. This does not affect the copyright of the work.
Images of the artwork may be published on the GIGS Art Gallery website and social media sites.