Entries have now closed
Deliver your completed artwork/s to:
GIGS Art Gallery, Gateway Village, Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga
Sunday 16 December, 10am to 4pm
Monday 17 December, 10am to 1pm
You can print the following labels to attach to the back of your artworks:
2D Art Prize: $100 or 1 complimentary Side Gallery exhibition hire
3D Art Prize: $100 or 1 complimentary Side Gallery exhibition hire
People’s Choice Award Prize: $50
Winners will be announced at the Official Exhibition Opening on 20 December 2018. People’s Choice Award will be announced on 22 January 2019.
Please see the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY (below) for more information.
LITTLE MOMENTS 2018 Exhibition:
19 December 2018 to 20 January 2019
Official Exhibition Opening: Thursday, 20 December, 6–8pm
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
Entries Open: 26 November 2018
Entries Close: 14 December 2018 at 5pm
Artwork Delivery: 16 December (10am–4pm) or 17 December (10am–1pm)
GIGS Art Gallery and Studios is pleased to present the Little Moments 2018 Small Works Art Prize & Exhibition; an open entry art prize and exhibition of small-scale artworks both 2D and 3D. All artists in the Albury/Wodonga Region are welcome to enter. All work will be exhibited from 19 December 2018 to 20 January 2019 and will be available for purchase throughout the exhibition.
- Artwork must not exceed A4 in size (including frame)
- Artists can enter up to 4 artworks
- Artists at all stages of their career are encouraged to enter, but must live in a regional area
- 2D and 3D artwork will be accepted
- The artwork must be available for exhibition from 19 December to 20 January
- Artwork must be delivered to GIGS Art Gallery during the prescribed times of 16 December (10am–4pm) or 17 December (10am–1pm)
- By entering, you are confirming that you are the creator and owner of the entered artwork(s)
- The artwork will be judged by no less than 3 independent judges. The decision of the judges is final
- All artwork will be available for purchase throughout the exhibition and prices must include the 30% commission rate payable to GIGS Art Gallery.
GIGS Art Gallery reserves the right to refuse to display artwork(s) if:
- The artwork is not of sufficient artistic merit, technical and formal resolution, framed/presented appropriately, or is not ready to hang.
- The artwork is not A4 (210 × 297 mm or 8.27 × 11.69 inches) including framing
- The artwork poses a safety risk
- The artwork could be considered to be offensive in terms of pornographic content, character denigration, racial or religious prejudice.
- Entries close 14 December at 5pm.
- Send your completed entry form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
OR deliver to: GIGS Art Gallery at Gateway Village, Lincoln Causeway, Wodonga
- All artwork must be entered via the Little Moments 2018 Entry Form.
- All artworks must be delivered to GIGS Art Gallery during the prescribed times of 16 December (10am–4pm) or 17 December (10am–1pm) and MUST have the entry label attached to the back of the artwork.
- One entry form may be submitted for all 4 works, but each work MUST have an artwork entry label on the back.
MEMBERS: $5 entry fee + $5 per artwork
NON-MEMBERS: $10 entry fee + $5 per artwork
Payment can be made in person at GIGS Art Gallery
or via Direct Debit:
Hume Bank Account: GIGS Art Gallery
BSB: 640 000 Account No: 111142748
Please use your name as a reference
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
All artworks must be delivered to GIGS during the prescribed times of 16 December (10am–4pm) or 17 December (10am–1pm) and MUST have the entry label on the back of each artwork.
If you require assistance with the drop off or collection of your entry(ies), then please contact GIGS Art Gallery prior to 14 December.
The Little Moments exhibition will be open to the public: 19 December 2018 through 20 January 2019, Tuesday to Sunday, 10am to 4pm.
- All artworks entered must be for sale
- The price of the artwork must be set by the artist
- All sales attract a 30% sale commission to GIGS Art Gallery
Upon completion of the exhibition, payments for all sold works will be made to the artist via Direct Debit. All Non-Member artists will be contacted via email to arrange payment.
COLLECTION OF ARTWORK(S)
All unsold artwork MUST be collected on 20 January between 1pm and 4 pm.
- Judges will select one 2D work and one 3D work to be awarded a prize of $100 cash or a complimentary 2 week exhibition in the Side Gallery.
- Prizes will be announced at the Opening Night on Thursday 20 December 6–8pm
- The People’s Choice Award will be announced at the end of the exhibition in January. The winning artist will be informed by email and via an announcement on the GIGS Art Gallery Facebook page.
- At the time of publishing this document, the Little Moments 2018 Judges are To Be Confirmed.
All artwork will be handled by experienced staff. However, GIGS Art Gallery will not be held responsible for any loss or damage caused while work is in transit to and from the gallery.
Entrants agree to allow GIGS Art Gallery to reproduce (photograph) entered artwork in all publicity and promotion of Little Moments. This does not affect the copyright of the work.
Images of the artwork may be published on the GIGS Art Gallery website and social media sites.