GIGS Art Gallery is pleased to invite local schools to register for our
2020 GASE Student Art Competition
Open to all schools in the Albury-Wodonga region
Entry is free and all ages from Kinder to High School are eligible to enter
The 2020 theme for GASE is ‘2020 Vision’
The GASE has been such a wonderful experience for school kids of all ages. For GASE 2019 we awarded over 20 prizes generously donated by our sponsors, Hungry Jacks, Totally Fun and many more. We had judges from both Wodonga and Albury City Councils, and we are hoping for their participation again.
The culmination of our GASE competition will be an exhibition at GIGS Art Gallery of all the students’ art work entries, from 17 March to 19 April, 2020. A panel of judges will select winners for each category with all winners announced and awarded their prizes at the Official Opening of the exhibition. Judging will take place on 18 March and schools will be notified of the winning students by email.
Participating schools can submit all art work entries by 4pm Friday 6 March.
Artwork may be picked up after 23 April.
• Kinder to Year 2
• Years 3 to 4
• Years 5 to 6
• Years 7 to 8
• Years 9 to 12
4pm Friday, 6 March 2020
Please use the form opposite to register
Entry Details Labels
You can download your Entry Details labels HERE (PDF file)
The Entry Details labels have been created as a PDF form to enable teachers to enter all their school’s entry details onscreen, before printing them. The form can also be saved to finish and print later. There are 3 labels per (A4) page.
Please ensure you have the completed Entry Details labels attached to the back of each of the artwork/s when you deliver them to the gallery.
An exhibition of all competition entries will be held at GIGS Art Gallery on 17 March to 19 April 2020.
Prizes Awarded at Official Opening
Prizes and certificates will be awarded to all winning students at the Official Opening for the exhibition of all entries, on Saturday, 21 March, 11am–12pm.
We welcome teachers and parents to join us in congratulating all students on their winning entries.
Terms and Conditions
- All GASE registrations must be received by 4pm Friday 6 March 2020.
- All art work entries must be received by 4pm Friday 6 March 2020.
- Entries: Size from 15x12cms to 21x15cm, on card (120gsm to 200gsm) not paper.
- The Entry Details Label must be completed and attached to the back of each entry.
- All entries must be 2D art work and can be any medium or combination of mediums (eg: paint, ink, pencil, crayon, etc).
- Judging is on Wednesday 18 March and finalists will be notified. The judges’ decision will be final.
- NOTE: Entries are not for sale.
- After the GASE exhibition entries will need to be collected from GIGS Art Gallery by 4pm Thursday 23 April.
GIGS Art Gallery & Studios
Phone: 6021 3073
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com