CALL FOR ENTRIES
Celebrate! 2019 Annual Members’ Exhibition
7 July to 4 August 2019
How to Enter
We are now calling for entries from members to enter our 2019 Annual Members’ Exhibition.
To enter, please use the ENTRY FORM opposite.
Entries close: 4pm Friday 5 July 2019
You can download and print off these artwork labels to attach to your artworks.
Celebrate! is the theme for this year’s Members’ Exhibition, as part of our 2019 anniversary celebrating our first 10 years here on the Border. Members can submit up to 2 works, in either 2D or 3D, to a maximum size of 1.2 metres.
New Book Opportunity
As part of this year’s 10 year anniversary for GIGS Art Gallery we are producing a history book about our first ten years. This year’s winner of the People’s Choice Award will be published in our anniversary book.
The Official Opening of Celebrate! is Friday 12 July, 6–8pm.
All exhibiting artists attending are asked to please bring food/drinks for the Opening Night. Please indicate on the above Entry Form, what you can bring, e.g. finger food, fruit platter, wine, etc.
If you have any enquiries or need more information please contact Erika Grimes, Gallery Coordinator on 02 6021 3073 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not a Member?
Exhibition entry is free to all members of GIGS Art Gallery and we always welcome new members. Join or renew your membership now
Conditions of Entry
- All exhibiting artists must be current financial members of GIGS Art Gallery. Note: Membership is due on 1 July. Members must be paid for the next year to be eligible to enter.
- Members must enter the 2019 Annual Members’ Exhibition by using the ENTRY FORM above. Entries close: 4pm Friday 5 July 2019.
- Artwork must not have been exhibited at GIGS Art Gallery in the past 12 months and not have been exhibited in a previous GIGS Annual Members’ Exhibition.
- Entry is free for members with up to two entries per artist, in any medium, 2D or 3D, and up to a maximum size of 1.2 metres. Due to limited exhibition space, GIGS can only guarantee one artwork per artist will be hung. Additional artworks will only be hung if space permits.
- Artwork must be delivered to GIGS Art Gallery on Saturday 6 July (10am–4pm). Please contact us at email@example.com au if you need to arrange a different day.
- Artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with the artist’s name, title and sale price of the work. See above for artwork labels to download and print.
- All artwork entered is to be for sale and will incur the usual 30% gallery commission fee.
- Artwork must be ready to hang with suitable hanging fixtures, e.g. D-ring hangers. Note: Artwork will not be exhibited unless properly prepared for hanging.
- Upon delivery artwork is to be unwrapped by the artist and members are asked to retain their wrapping for when they return to collect their artwork, after the exhibition.
- After the exhibition, all unsold artworks are to be collected from the gallery by 4pm Wednesday 7 August 2019.
- All artworks are subject to being photographed by the gallery, for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and exhibiting artists online and via social media.
- All artwork exhibited in the 2019 Annual Members’ Exhibition is eligible for a People’s Choice vote with the winner published in the GIGS Art Gallery 2019 anniversary book.
Entries close 4pm Friday 5 July 2019