Entries have now closed
2019 GIGS Art Gallery Annual Members’ Exhibition
Thank you to all our members who entered this year’s Members’ Exhibition!
This Exhibition will be open as of 10am, Tuesday 9 July
Exhibition visitors can also choose their favourite art work in our People’s Choice Vote
Please come and join us in celebrating the Official Opening on Friday 12 July, 6–8pm
Members who have entered this year’s Members’ Exhibition can download and print off these artwork labels to attach to their artworks.
Celebrate! is the theme for this year’s Members’ Exhibition, as part of our 2019 anniversary celebrating our first 10 years here on the Border.
New Book Opportunity
As part of this year’s 10 year anniversary for GIGS Art Gallery we are producing a history book about our first ten years. This year’s winner of the People’s Choice Award will be published in our anniversary book, which will be launched at the end of this year.
If you have any enquiries or need more information please contact us on 02 6021 3073 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions of Entry
- All exhibiting artists must be current financial members of GIGS Art Gallery. Note: Membership is due on 1 July. Members must be paid for the next year to be eligible to enter.
- Members must enter the 2019 Annual Members’ Exhibition by using the ENTRY FORM above. Entries close: 4pm Friday 5 July 2019.
- Artwork must not have been exhibited at GIGS Art Gallery in the past 12 months and not have been exhibited in a previous GIGS Annual Members’ Exhibition.
- Entry is free for members with up to two entries per artist, in any medium, 2D or 3D, and up to a maximum size of 1.2 metres. Due to limited exhibition space, GIGS can only guarantee one artwork per artist will be hung. Additional artworks will only be hung if space permits.
- Artwork must be delivered to GIGS Art Gallery on Saturday 6 July (10am–4pm). Please contact us at email@example.com au if you need to arrange a different day.
- Artwork must be clearly labelled on the back with the artist’s name, title and sale price of the work. See above for artwork labels to download and print.
- All artwork entered is to be for sale and will incur the usual 30% gallery commission fee.
- Artwork must be ready to hang with suitable hanging fixtures, e.g. D-ring hangers. Note: Artwork will not be exhibited unless properly prepared for hanging.
- Upon delivery artwork is to be unwrapped by the artist and members are asked to retain their wrapping for when they return to collect their artwork, after the exhibition.
- After the exhibition, all unsold artworks are to be collected from the gallery by 4pm Wednesday 7 August 2019.
- All artworks are subject to being photographed by the gallery, for the purpose of marketing the exhibition and exhibiting artists online and via social media.
- All artwork exhibited in the 2019 Annual Members’ Exhibition is eligible for a People’s Choice vote with the winner published in the GIGS Art Gallery 2019 anniversary book.